Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-25-2021 02:11 AM - last edited on 05-25-2021 06:43 AM by MatheusH
Hello there, I need help about HP consumer desktop pc bios updating while working in Window 10. what is the way of updating kindly guide?
05-25-2021 06:31 PM - edited 05-25-2021 06:40 PM
This (Link) provides the only BIOS update for your product. This BIOS update applies to W8. But should work using W10. Noticed a minor discrepancy between the BIOS update SSID and your motherboard (MB) SSID. Can't say if this is a problem: Your MB SSID is 2AD5h. The BIOS update is 2AD5. This is the only BIOS update HP is offering for your product.
Why are you looking for a BIOS update, are you having a problem? If so, please describe in detail.
Download the file at the above link. Run sp70266.exe found in the Downloads folder on your PC's system HDD.
Follow instructions. Don't shut down the PC during the BIOS update. A power outage or premature shutdown can break the PC requiring factory service.
06-07-2021 01:52 PM
Tried this and crashed. Now cannot boot or enter BIOS getting 8 BEEPS.
How do install BIOS DRIVER install form USB. Will need all files on USB
HP_TOOLS folder may no longer exist on Drive
Is there a WAY to install a GENERAL BIOS just to be able to boot to W10 ?
06-12-2021 02:28 AM
> What will the service require ?
1. Contact HP.
2. HP will create an "RMA" ("Return of Materials Authorization").
3. Box-up and ship the computer to one of the "HP Authorized Service Centers", with a copy of the RMA.
4. If the warranty still is valid, HP will repair/replace the computer, at their cost. If the warranty has expired, you will have to pay HP for the repairs & shipping.
5. HP will ship the computer back to you.
06-12-2021 11:39 AM
This is wrong.
1. Computer kept crashing after Windows Update
2. After reading some posts appeared reinstalling drivers might fix it
3. After installing HP BIOS driver computer crashed after eraser of EPROM
4. Reboot ONLY gave 8 beeps
5. Removal of CMOS batter removed the 8 beeps
* sad I was going to buy a NEW HP computer this fall with Windows 11