Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp-notebook-15af103ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Well after tireless search for my question in the internet finally i have arrived here believing that you people won't disappoint me like all the other people did. Well i am just expecting a proper solution for all these questions listed below: 

1) How long can i use my Laptop Computer continuously ?

2) Do Shutting Down often in day cause the computer to wear off in the long run and if so how many times of shutting down and turning on is good for the computer ?

3) People say that Rebooting often improve computer's performance ? Is it true ? i don't think so, tell me what you think about this !

4) How often should we give interval breaks to the Laptop Computer?

5) My Father accidentally turned on the charge power and suddenly he turned it off  within a fraction of a second, could this event of suddenly turning the power on and suddenly turning it off caused any damage inside ?

Finally someone please get me a proper solution for these four questions i am tired of getting useless answers all over the web. i need an answer because my computer is my everything  I am a kind of person who love Computer more than girls that is the level of love i have for computer and i love using HP computers because when it comes to quality HP stands with MAC agree or disagree from my perspective this is true. I am waiting for your answers Godly beings !

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ajith_Kumar wrote:

Well after tireless search for my question in the internet finally i have arrived here believing that you people won't disappoint me like all the other people did. Well i am just expecting a proper solution for all these questions listed below: 

1) How long can i use my Laptop Computer continuously ?  I'm inclined to fall asleep after a long day.

2) Do Shutting Down often in day cause the computer to wear off in the long run and if so how many times of shutting down and turning on is good for the computer ?  Probably.  Don't Know.

3) People say that Rebooting often improve computer's performance ? Is it true ? i don't think so, tell me what you think about this !  Best not to think.

4) How often should we give interval breaks to the Laptop Computer?  EVERY 20 MINUTES, REST YOUR EYES.

5) My Father accidentally turned on the charge power and suddenly he turned it off  within a fraction of a second, could this event of suddenly turning the power on and suddenly turning it off caused any damage inside ?  Yes.

Finally someone please get me a proper solution for these four questions i am tired of getting useless answers all over the web. i need an answer because my computer is my everything  I am a kind of person who love Computer more than girls that is the level of love i have for computer and i love using HP computers because when it comes to quality HP stands with MAC agree or disagree from my perspective this is true. I am waiting for your answers Godly beings !

When you find out how long you can use your computer for continuously, please tell us.  Whatever I think or say is irrelevant to your circumstances.

It is going to wear out, and/or just break down and the ability to recover from that situation is probably more important that having a StopWatch running to count the hours.

A good steady power supply is something to be desired with computers, as is keeping them safe from internet threats.

Defragging a hard disk is something I do, not everyone does, I feel it is necessary every so often.

Just use and enjoy the MACHINE, it is only a machine, and develop your own standards and values, I have.

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended
 wrote:

Well after tireless search for my question in the internet

finally i have arrived here believing that you people won't disappoint me like all the other people did.

Well i am just expecting a proper solution for all these questions listed below: 

Tireless? Didn't your searching tire you out?

1) How long can i use my Laptop Computer continuously ?

If it plugged-in to AC power, check the Guiness Book Of World Records for the longest duration without falling asleep.  Also, search for "Seven Day Bicycle Races" (popular a century ago) and for "Dance Marathons" (popular in the 1930's), to see how long the human body can go.

2) Do Shutting Down often in day cause the computer to wear off in the long run and if so how many times of shutting down and turning on is good for the computer ?

Yes, shutting-down, or starting-up, makes the disk-drive work "hard" for a while.

Also, a disk-drive that continues to spin, day-after-day, is likely to continue to spin,

as opposed to a disk-drive that is powered-off, cools-down, stretches/shrinks, that won't last as long.

No complicated piece of software, such as Windows, is error-free. 

Sometimes, "trouble-shooting" advice to "shutdown-reboot-and-see-if-the-problem-does-not-repeat" is the best advice.

3) People say that Rebooting often improve computer's performance ? Is it true ?

i don't think so, tell me what you think about this !

Yes, it is true. Occasionally cleaning your bathtub/shower makes for a better bathing experience.

Donating your well-used clothes to charity also is good.

Rebooting Windows, to start "fresh", sometimes is good.

4) How often should we give interval breaks to the Laptop Computer?

I agree with the other person -- take breaks for the health of your fingers & wrists & arms & shoulders & eyes & brain.

5) My Father accidentally turned on the charge power and suddenly he turned it off  within a fraction of a second, could this event of suddenly turning the power on and suddenly turning it off caused any damage inside ?

Yes.  However, the probability of actually causing harm is very low.

Finally someone please get me a proper solution for these four questions i am tired of getting useless answers all over the web.

How do you judge "proper"?  Are you seeking somebody who gives opinions that match yours?

HP Recommended

> Defragging a hard disk is something I do, not everyone does, I feel it is necessary every so often.

The programmers of Microsoft Windows agree.  By default, Windows 10 runs the "disk optimizer" once a week.

This is different from earlier versions of Windows, where the responsibility to "defrag" was entirely on the owner of the computer.

However, due to the technology of a SSD (Solid State Drive) it is NEVER necessary to "defrag" it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.