Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProDesk 400 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I cannot enter in the BIOS page. Pressing ESC at the startup bring me to a blank screen without any reactions to the keyboard (CTRL-ALT-CANC reboot the machine, however). 

Pressing F2 doesn't produce effects, the machine boots and launch Windows.

How can I enter in the BIOS control page?

I would see and eventually change the device boot sequence.

thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi thanks @TheOldMan 

@Mario_R_58 

Cannot access the Computer Setup (F10) Utility when booting the computer
Use this information to troubleshoot the computer.

The Computer Setup (F10) Utility is set to Fast Boot causing the F10
access screen to display too briefly when booting the computer.

Before turning on the computer, press and hold f10. Turn on the
computer and continue to hold F10 until the Computer Setup (F10)
Utility is displayed. - or – Follow the Windows® instructions for
rebooting the computer into the Computer Setup (F10) Utility

Maintenance and Service Guide

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-prodesk-400-g7-microtower-pc/37933628/manuals

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
shut down the computer completely
Press the start button, and immediately
Press the F10 key several times while this is starting
The function key sometimes depends on the model, the f10 key is one of the most used

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The newer PC's start so fast, it is difficult to catch the startup to see the BIOS.  If you still cannot get into the BIOS following the tips from @Prométhée , here is what I recommend

Start tapping the Esc key BEFORE starting the PC and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows. Then pick what ever screen you what/need  from that popup menu.
Report back with the results if that still does not work to fit your needs.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

hello, it didn't work, unfortunately. I tried ESC and all the Function keys but without luck.

I am looking a way to ask the HP assistance now.

HP Recommended

It will work, if you follow this exactly

Start tapping the Esc key BEFORE starting the PC and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows. Then pick whatever function would suit from popup menu, F10, F2, or whatever you wish.
Report back with the results.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi thanks @TheOldMan 

@Mario_R_58 

Cannot access the Computer Setup (F10) Utility when booting the computer
Use this information to troubleshoot the computer.

The Computer Setup (F10) Utility is set to Fast Boot causing the F10
access screen to display too briefly when booting the computer.

Before turning on the computer, press and hold f10. Turn on the
computer and continue to hold F10 until the Computer Setup (F10)
Utility is displayed. - or – Follow the Windows® instructions for
rebooting the computer into the Computer Setup (F10) Utility

Maintenance and Service Guide

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-prodesk-400-g7-microtower-pc/37933628/manuals

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

yes, it works.

I think my problem was due to the wireless keyboard. Using a cable connected keyboard pressing F10 many times during the boot I was able to access the BIOS menu.

Thank you all!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.