Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What do I have to do to boot from the DVD drive? Pretend you're talking to a pre-schooler. (I really need detailed stap-by-step instructions.) Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

See the info at the link below...

In step 1, first tap the ESC key to get the menu of options, then select the F10 setup option from the menu.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03659945

HP Recommended

The article refers to Windows 8. Will this procedure work with windows 10?

HP Recommended

Yes.

All PC's that come with W8 or newer would follow the same procedure.

I have a two model series older 8200 Elite CMT business desktop, and I don't know if the BIOS looks the same as yours but when I selected the DVD drive from the boot options menu, it would not boot from the DVD drive.

I had to put the arrow next to the SATA 2 line below the line where the DVD was listed, and then it booted from the DVD just fine.

It drove me crazy trying to figure out why the PC would not boot from the DVD when I had selected it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.