Level 1
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to boot from the DVD drive?

EliteDesk 800 G1 TWR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What do I have to do to boot from the DVD drive? Pretend you're talking to a pre-schooler. (I really need detailed stap-by-step instructions.) Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,272 107,453 17,022 26,066
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See the info at the link below...

In step 1, first tap the ESC key to get the menu of options, then select the F10 setup option from the menu.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03659945

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The article refers to Windows 8. Will this procedure work with windows 10?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,272 107,453 17,022 26,066
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes.

All PC's that come with W8 or newer would follow the same procedure.

I have a two model series older 8200 Elite CMT business desktop, and I don't know if the BIOS looks the same as yours but when I selected the DVD drive from the boot options menu, it would not boot from the DVD drive.

I had to put the arrow next to the SATA 2 line below the line where the DVD was listed, and then it booted from the DVD just fine.

It drove me crazy trying to figure out why the PC would not boot from the DVD when I had selected it.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation