Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP M01-F1032ns
FreeDOS

Hello,

I just received my new HP M01-f1032ns and I wanted to start installing Windows10 over the FreeDos.

BUT how to enter BIOS and boot from USB?

I tried ESC, DEL, F1, F2, F10, F11, F12... but nothing.

it always boots into FreeDos.

I also removed the SSD as I was hoping it will result in an boot error and will toggle the option to boot from a different source... but nothing. I just receive an error that the SSD is not present. So i put it back in.

I hope someone can give me a hint to get this going.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Me_IT 

When you press the Esc key, you have to press is frequently and repeatedly, starting when you press the power button to boot the PC.  The newer ones boot so quickly that if you wait, you will not get the Esc key pressed in time.

The one function key you did not mention is F9 -- and that is generally used to bring up the Boot Devices menu, where you can see if the USB stick is listed.

You're not getting the typical Windows boot loader missing messages because the OS is DOS -- and that does not use, or look for, the Windows boot loader.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.