Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How to restore factory settings from reboot?

HP Pavilion Slimline s5-1020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My desktop of HP Pavilion Slimline s5-1020 can't start Windows 10. It always stops at the middle way of Starting Windows. I tried Key F11 to reset system into factory settings when it was rebooted. Unfortunately, it couldn't. Please help, thanks a lot!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,579 22,522 2,061 4,920
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How to restore factory settings from reboot?

@wyan 

According to the HP product page for your model PC, it came preinstalled with Win7 -- so you must have Upgraded it to Win10.

And that poses a serious issue -- as the Win10 Upgrade is known to corrupt the HP Recovery information, thus making a factory reset impossible after that.

A further complication is that while you could accomplish this using the HP Recovery Media disks, HP has stopped carrying the older Win7 recovery media, so you can't purchase it from HP anymore.

Another site you should check is: http://www.computersurgeons.com/

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation