Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-08-2022 03:10 AM
Hello hp support team
i have an hp envy x360 laptop. It is on windows 11. It’s been doing fine until last night when i installed the windows 11 22h2 patch.
now, when i boot my laptop it hangs at hp logo with black background.
The hp support website explained that it could be due to my bios being corrupted. So tried to download bios but from hp. But noticed hp does not have bios for windows 11 22h2. The latest bios from bp is for windows 11 22h1 only.
nonetheless, i tried the windows 11 22h1. And the laptop returned an error “the cmos checksum is invalid”.
10-08-2022 10:15 AM - edited 10-08-2022 10:16 AM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.
(1) Power on notebook
When seeing the Windows/HP logo press and hold <power> button to power off notebook !
- Repeat this procedure at least 3 times to get into <Windows Recovery Environment>
(2) Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore
- Click Next when the System Restore widget opens.
- In the pop-up window, you may see the restore points you have created. Choose the most recently created one and click Next to continue.
- You are asked to confirm the restore point. If everything is OK, click Finish to start the restoration operation.
(3) Please report your results
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community