Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My hp omen won’t turn on
I did a update last night in the hp update option and the screen went blue it froze
I tried everything to get it to work pushed all the keyboard buttons tried to get task master up etc etc left it for over a hour still no joy
Now it won’t turn on the power light at the back is green but that’s all
I’ve tried holding the power button down for 10 seconds and up to a minute both with no cables plugged in and with cables plugged in pulled all external parts like keyboard etc out one at a time

I took the extended warranty out but it doesn’t look like hp open on Saturday which I persinly think is quite poor as I work all week and would find it hard to call during the day
Can anyone advise please also how long does hp take with repairs as I also use this pc as my work pc invoices etc ect
Thanks
Lee
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi

If you have tried the Hard Reset, and it failed

Press and Hold the PWR off button for 4 seconds to force a PWR off.
Unplug from the wall.
Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to complete the reset.

Removed hardware to try and resolve the issue and no error beeps or flashes occurred then it does seem like a major problem for HP to resolve.

It could be a BIOS error.

Turn off the PC.  Plug the PC into a power source.
With the PC off, press and hold the Windows logo key and the B key at the same time.

While pressing those keys, press and hold the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows logo key and the B key until the HP BIOS update screen displays or you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).
The HP BIOS Update screen displays, and the BIOS update begins automatically.
This might take several minutes, and you might hear additional beeping sounds.

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended
No joy
Pc is completely dead only light on is at the back
Just tried what you suggested and no joy
Went through all of the hop self help page
To be honest I’ve been having issues with the dam thing from day one I should have phoned up then
One min I could veiw desktop icons in medium then they disappear as I have to change it too small
At one stage I had to reset the complete thing cause it was went crazy
I’m really disappointed in the product it’s about 8 months old! And it wasn’t cheap! And doesn’t get used a lot I right a few invoices up then couple hours playing games
And what’s even more disappointing is hp don’t open on Saturdays.
I guess I’ll have to go in late at work so I can phone them Monday!
I really hope they don’t take weeks to fix I hope this extra 2 years package I payed for pays for itself
Not only that I can’t write out invoices for work now so I guess I’m going to have to buy a cheap laptop now also
HP Recommended

Sorry I couldn't help, but it did seem pretty terminal from your vivid description.

HP Recommended
Hi CF4
Thanks you for trying to help but too be honest
I’m not happy with disconnecting parts ect ect I don’t want Hp to void my warranty but saying I have removed parts ect ect
The pc is dead makes no sounds only the green light is on at the back I’ve held the buttons down you suggested turned off on in plugged ect
Plus I don’t no what I’m doing I’m a plumber for God’s sake that’s why I brought the thing so I could turn the bottom on and off I go!! Not pull this out this out ect ect
I just wanted to see if anyone could help by me pushing some buttons ect
Do you have any idea of the turn around for it to be repaired could be and does hp give you a leant pc while it’s being fixed?
HP Recommended
I get no display what’s so ever it’s like it’s not plugged in but the light is on on the back but no lifts anywhere else
HP Recommended

Hi

No I don't.

You almost sound desperate enough to go and get a recycled/used one to work for a few weeks.

HP Recommended
I have to I’m self employed so when I do a job I invoice that day otherwise I don’t get paid.
I’ll prob have to go and get a cheap laptop for now just to get by. I can’t even write my invoices up for yesterday
I just tried what you suggested again with the buttons and this paper weight doesn’t make and noise/sound no lights ect ect
I also have a omen mouse and keyboard and they also don’t light up

But ty for taking one out of your day to help much appreciated
HP Recommended

Used the method of Windows key and B key, heard the beeps but screen continued to be black...???

HP Recommended

@DOP2

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.