Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I accidentally disabled all USB ports. Now I have no way to use my keyboard or mouse. I am stuck on the screensaver at start up. It’s a brand new tower so it does not have a PS/2 option. I can’t access any settings w/o keyboard functions...
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Orange9002

To better assist you, we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop???

REO

HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-210 Gaming Desktop PC - Intel Core i3-7100 3.9GHz Dual-Core, 8GB DDR4, 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD, AMD Radeon RX 460 / Intel HD Graphics 630, DVD-Writer, Windows 10 Home 64-bit
HP Recommended

@Orange9002

First thing to try is to remove the power cord.

Open up the case.

Locate the BIOS battery and remove it.

Connect the power cord and power-on for a few seconds then power-off.

Remove the power cord install the BIOS battery

Then power-on.

REO

Videos if you need them.

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=13687063&MEID=BA760215-AE55-43D7-812F-BAFE32582183

HP Recommended
That worked! Thank you!
HP Recommended

Your very welcome @Orange9002

Glad to hear that my post was the SOLUTION to your problem.

REO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.