Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0016 Desktop PC

I am having an issue making any changes to my admin account I think due to a startup question.

on initial startup one of the questions had to do with my date of birth,  i could not answer the question correctly as it would change the day and year back to 2019 instead of the correct date of birth.  i continued on anyways thinking it would not matter.

However it automatically picked my user name but i picked the password,  now it will not let me make any changes to the admin account on the PC.  It stated in one of the messages that comes up is parental rights are on because i am not old enough to be an admin on the computer...     Really??  my age to the computer would be 5 months old..  (please don't laugh)  lol...

Any ideas to change this without maybe doing a hard restart and starting over ??

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

This topic is going to be locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.