Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion HPE 372f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello: I am new here, but here is my problem. I am not able to bring up the boot menu during power up any more. Esc key used to bring up my boot devices, but no longer. Instead the computer boots directly into windows. I can enter Setup during the boot (F10 Key) and re loaded defaults. Boot menu is in the list of items that show up but htting Esc as directed does nothing. 

I would like to boot up the computer from a USB thumb drive. I was in the process of installing FreeNas when things stopped working. Appreciate any help or suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Abeaham3 

Try this -- instead of hitting F10, hit F9 -- repeatedly.  That should take you directly into the BIOS Boot Devices menu.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.