Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24 r0xx

When I restart my HP desktop I get a blue screen with Automatic repair menu and this goes into loop, I have been unsuccessful in restoring back to normal. What is the exact cause of this error. My daughter is unable to copy her home work saved on this system due to the error and has an impact on her school life. Appreciate any help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

OK, now you are the lucky person!

Don't worry, your data are not lost and there is a good chance to save them.

Google for "Safe Mode" and check if you can run the machine in this mode.

Some errors are difficult to troubleshoot and it is almost impossible to do it when you don't have access to the machine.

If you have a 2nd computer download a Backup&Recovery Program like Macrium Reflect  and prepare a USB-Recovery-Medium.

Run the problematic computer with this USB-Stick and save the personal files. If you didn't change the default settings you find them in the C-directory under C:\users\name

There are many other ways to get your data saved but the above mentioned way is quite safe.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.