Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-31-2020 08:05 AM
I purchased a hp laptop today and I am having trouble setting it up. When I press the power button it comes and and takes me to a screen that says boot menu at the bottom of the screen it says automatic boot in 10 seconds. Then I am taken to another screen with only 4 seconds to chose something, so I don’t and I am finally taken to a black screen with C:\> in the upper left corner. I am able to type on this screen. Can anyone help?
1 REPLY 1
09-02-2020 11:23 AM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community