Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-2000a (2Z6E2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I purchased this pc less than a month ago and when I boot it up it takes a long time.  Furthermore I checked my new products warranty and it is expired.  I can't get in contact with anyone to help me with my concerns.  I am really disappointed in HP products now and I don't think I will be purchasing one again after this product stops working.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @warrioraxe 

Check this HP Site. Look in the Product information tab, select Product specs. You will see one common MB (Erica6) and 16 products. Your PC should be on the product list.

One product (TG01-2218) on the list ships with 8 GB of RAM and a very slow SATA HDD. This PC does have a discrete graphics card. Other PCs on the list also have 8 GBs of RAM but have a much faster M.2 NVME drive.

All of the PCs on the list ship with AMD "G' CPUs having integrated graphics. So the available RAM is reduced by about 2 GBs even if the PC has discrete graphics. This suggests, if you have this specific PC, you have a very slow platter HDD and only 6 GB of available RAM. Your PC will experience long boot times and generally run slow.

Check this Site for ways to tweak system performance. The tips may help, they may not.

Limited RAM will cause the OS to page needed data to the slow HDD when available memory is exhausted. Many startup programs will increase system startup times. 

Possible additional options would be to add more RAM and replace the slow HDD (if you have this) to improve performance.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi @warrioraxe 

Got so involved in the slow PC thing I never addressed the warranty problem.

I can't assist with the warranty problem other than suggesting you contact HP Support to fix this.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.