Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0014
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello - 

I keep getting a "Boot Device Not Found" error, Hard Disk (3F0). When I try to do use HP Assistant, is says I need a BIOS update and when I agree, it cancels the transaction. When I try to go through HP Updates, it does not give me the option for Windows 11 for my computer, only Windows 10. Help... Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You will not be able to recover or reinstall Windows because your drive is failing.

You would first need to replace the drive and you would not then be able to do the recovery because the files you need are on the failing drive.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.