Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP t5570
Microsoft Windows XP

Recently i upgraded BIOS 786R9 to version 1.05.

Is there a way to activate the virtualization function?(and how?)

Is there a new version of BIOS underway?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@CIACIACIACIACIA -- restart the computer, and enter BIOS SETUP mode.

Look through the screens, to see if there is any way to enable virtualization.

HP does not usually comment about unreleased software, firmware, and BIOS updates.

HP Recommended

What is the usual key combination for enabling HP virtualization mode in thin clients?(t5570etc)

HP Recommended

@CIACIACIACIA9  & @CIACIACIACIACIA -- because I do not have any thin-client system to work this, I can only guess that such clients can be remotely-managed, and changes to the client's BIOS SETTINGS can be done via a R.A.T. (Remote Administration Tool). 

Why would you try to run a virtual operating system inside a virtual machine on a thin-client system? What is the desired benefit?

HP Recommended

We run virtual operating systems for testing applications.

The main question is if there are virtual functions in the BIOS because many programs use those functions.

HP Recommended

@CIACIACIACIA999  / @CIACIACIACIACIA / @CIACIACIACIA9  -- are you having a problem with your ID on this forum, that forces you to create a new ID for each posting?

> We run virtual operating systems for testing applications.

> The main question is if there are virtual functions in the BIOS 

I am thinking that you know more about deploying and using Virtual Machines than I do. So, I think that it is time for me to let somebody else respond to your questions. Maybe, see www.hpe.com -- "HP Enterprises" for business-class computers ???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.