Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 4-1030us
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I replace the hard drive on an HP 4-1030us, and since then I am getting this message before the operating systen boots:

IMG_2839 (1).jpgThis just stays on the screen for around 10 seconds, is there any way to turn this off.

I never set up raid on my hard drive, and I don't know what the other phisical device is.

Thanks in advanced, 

josht1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@josht1

Thanks for the reply,

If you have an option to reset Disks to non-Raid, please go ahead and perform it there shouldn't be any negative effects.

Keep me posted how it goes.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@josht1

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that you are in need of support, need not worry I'll be glad to assist you.

I suggest you disable the FFS under Rapid storage technology and check how it works.

If it's still the same, Perform a BIOS defaults.

• Restart the computer.
  • keep pressing the F10 key, until you enter the BIOS page.
  • You could select it using the arrow keys and hit Enter. Or you could simply hit the F9 key to display a white screen that says Load default configuration now? Clicking on Yes will reset the BIOS settings.
  • Remember to press F10 to save and exit.

Keep me posted, how it goes! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Okay, so I reset the bios to defualt settings, but I still get that screen.  When I click Ctrl + I, I have two options:  3. Reset Disks to Non-RAID and 6. Exit.

The other four are greyed out.  Would reseting the disks to non-raid have any negative effects?

Thanks,

josht1

HP Recommended

@josht1

Thanks for the reply,

If you have an option to reset Disks to non-Raid, please go ahead and perform it there shouldn't be any negative effects.

Keep me posted how it goes.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
That worked! Thanks
HP Recommended

@josht1

Thanks for the reply,

I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Feel free to get back to us for any other technical queries and we'll be glad to assist you.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead.

:)Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.