Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy h8 PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sometimes my PC boots OK and other times it does not. In the latter case, if I hold the Windows and B keys while powering on, it boots OK. The computer was moved to another room and back. The problem started to occur after the second move.

Also, when the monitor goes to sleep, I cannot always engage it again by moving the mouse.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would replace the CR2032 motherboard (MB) battery. 

A HP H8 PC has some years on it. MB batteries will begin to fail as they age.

Here is a sample MB with a red X through the CR2032 MB battery. Your battery location may be different.

Screenshot 2021-02-26 191735.png

The MB may be failing if a new MB battery does not help. Run HP Hardware Diagnostics.

Start the PC, Tap "ESC", select "F2".

Run system and component tests.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.