Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’m trying to find out if there is a way to always have a boot menu selection for which drive I wish to boot from when I start my computer, I have a gaming pc currently and wanted to take my ssd from my work computer and attach it to my current gaming pc, but didn’t want to have to manually enter the boot selection menu myself every time I start my computer.

i wanted to just be able to start my pc, then click either my gaming os or my work os then load In every time I start my pc

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ohiseenow 

I believe the boot mechanism you want is bcdedit

The basics here:

Microsoft - Adding Boot Entries

There are a number of articles on the subject on the 'net.

For example, use your favorite browser and search for information.

Start with (for example) search phrase: add boot option to bcdedit

Change the search phrase to narrow your search.

An older but much used article explains how to add the "Safe Boot" option to Windows 10:

Boot Screen >  How to Add Safe Mode to Boot Options in Windows 10

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.