Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 880-109nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cant enter to BIOS settinngs while starting PC. I tried pressing rapidly various keys (Esc, F10, F2...) but it doesnt work. Any help?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

"ESC' or "F10" should work.

Are you using a different keyboard? Some retail keyboards don't initialize fast enough when you start the PC.

This happened to me when using a Logitech keyboard, could not get to the BIOS.

Regards

HP Recommended

I have used various keyboards even the keyboard delivered with PC but no solution.

I am thinking if it is caused by rapidly tapping Esc/F10 too long. That means it opens and then I accidentally closed it instantly.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Your analysis makes sense.

I have never had this happen but it is possible.

Regards

HP Recommended

But then its problem, when to stop pressing keys rapidly, there is no sign about it

HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't know why this happens.

I can't replicate the problem on my PC.

Tap "ESC" at startup. Stop tapping when you see the HP Startup Menu.

Select "F10", BIOS Setup.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.