Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Elitebook has been running into an issue for around the two months that I have had it where it will be slightly bumped and the entire screen will freeze until the laptop is rebooted via total power stopping.

When rebooting the laptop's power button and screen will light up, but it turns itself on in around a second and there is nothing on the screen, then it will do the same thing around 5 seconds later, when I hold the power button for an extended amount of time the power button and small light on the caps lock key turn on for around three seconds before shutting itself off

I usually got around this problem by waiting out the laptop and eventually I could turn it on but the time I have to wait only get larger with each bump and i'm worried for the laptops long term health, has anyone encountered a similar issue and know of a permanent fix? cheers.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

something that might also help is that the computer makes no audible noise and the fan does not turn on during the constant boot loops

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.