Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-25-2018 01:29 AM
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-26-2018 06:46 AM
Welcome to HP Forums,
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂
As I understand, your notebook gives CMOS error message and also notebook shuts down after being in sleep mode,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
Let's try these steps to resolve the issue:
- Open the Keyboard control panel item, as described in Method 1.
- Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
- Click the Change Settings button
Note This step requires Administrator access
- Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled.
- Click OK, and then click OK again.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
If the computer restarts normally and the error message does not display, you are done. If the error message displays proceed to the next step.
BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link to update the BIOS: https://hp.care/2w2R6uD.
Let me know how this goes,
For I shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,
And your device is up and running again,
Have a great day 🙂
05-31-2018 07:39 AM
05-31-2018 08:35 AM
Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,
I'm glad you found the solution for this concern.
You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉
Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂