Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 22-b009
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is a massive loud alarm ((even with sound off) when my computer wakes up from hibernate.  It happens every time i wake it up from hibernate and the alarm does not stop unless i do a hard reboot.  My computer is brand new.  It sounds like the alarm of a bad fan or other bad hardware, but again, we just bought this computer less than 2 weeks ago.  I've googled but can't find any answer.

Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @newHPUSER19489

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that the computer is making a beep sound after waking up from hibernation.

I’d love to help!

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Enter BIOS by pressing F10 during boot

Go to >Configuration>Beep and Alarm

Then set Power control beep to [Disabled]

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I was just wondering if the solution worked for this user. I personally cannot find this option on my BIOS settings. I have an All-in-one 22b029w.

Thank you.

Adam

HP Recommended

> I am having the same problem.

> I have an All-in-one 22b029w.

It is possible that when your computer enters "hibernation", the fan nearest to the processor stops.

Can you hear the reduction in sound from this fan (there may be more than one fan) after entering hibernation.

Then, when you "wake" it, the motherboard detects that the fan is not (yet!) spinning, and issues its own alarm, independent of the operating system.  Obviously, the fan is required, in the long run, to avoid overheating, but running the computer, for a few seconds, without the fan, is not a problem.

What I think is that the fan does "spin-up", but not as fast as the motherboard expects it to "spin-up".

I think that it's a bad idea to mute that sound.

What if the fan were to fail during normal operation, and the computer began to overheat?

To not produce a loud alert may cause the computer to fatally overheat.  Not a good thing.

-----------

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

was there ever a solution for this. My all-in-one is literally 1 week old and when waking it up from sleep mode an alrm louder then anything I've heard coming from any of my computers went off. I had to unplug it from the wall. 😞 Plz help.

HP Recommended

> My all-in-one is literally 1 week old ...

So, contact HP to make a claim against the HP Warranty that is part of your purchase, to get free technical support, first via telephone, then, if necessary, by shipping it to an Authorized HP Service Center.

Or, take it back to the retail store that sold it, and exchange it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.