Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

solved the problem of firmware upgrade, since it is the same problem I have with my HP dc7900, the detail is that when I turn on my brand codes described above and in earlier 2206-end questions. update the bios but I have not been with the firmware. The detail is that if I turn on the pc and pressed F10 entered the settings and leave me alone PC starts without problems, so why not start normally.
regards

HP Recommended

The issue is caused by the computer not able to properly post. There are a few solutions listed in this forum thread ME Error on Compaq dc5800.

You should be able to resolve the issue by clearing the CMOS.

1. Turn of the computer and unplug everything

2. Open the computer and look at the motherboard

3. Locate the CMOS button on the board and press it for five seconds

4. Close the computer

5. Plug everything back in and turn on the computer

6. Press F10 to enter setup and configure your settings since the BIOS would be reset

Post back your results.

HP Recommended

bende dc 7900 kasa var ne yaptıysam 2206 hatasını çözemedim nasıl yaparım ?

HP Recommended
While I am typing this reply, I am upgrading 2 dc5800 sff pc's. After installing 8gb RAM in one of these, I got the same ME error message.

Without going into futher details about possible causes for ME and other boot issues with HP professional pc's, these issues could in 9 out of 10 cases be tackled by:

1. Removing any upgraded hardware (memory modules, videocards etc.) to get as close to a basesystem as possible. Exchanging RAM modules will sometimes work wonders. Begin with only 2 modules installed, in slot 1 and 3.
2. Disconnecting external hardware (usb, firewire, sd-cards etc.), with the exception of a keyboard, mouse and monitor.
3. Resetting the c-mos by pressing the button on the mobo for at least 30 seconds, or removing (and preferrably replacing) the bios battery.
4. Updating the bios to the latest version. HP released a 1.60 version for these 8 year old HP dc5800 PC's only 2 months ago! That is what I call proper support 🙂
You can find it here:
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3658094

Unless your system suffers serious hardware defects, these steps should get your HP to boot properly.
HP Recommended

thanks i hv done to solve this ploblem

HP Recommended

Repalce Bios Cell. Problem Solved 

HP Recommended

I have a DC7800 SFF, when I reboot the SO, the machine start the fan at máximun speed, and the BIOS or POST did'nt start.

When I poweroff the machine, then power on it, the BIOS starts, but in POST I get the error showed in this post.

I tryed all the solutions posted here, including replacing the battery.

1. Removing any upgraded hardware (memory modules, videocards etc.) to get as close to a basesystem as possible. Exchanging RAM modules will sometimes work wonders. Begin with only 2 modules installed, in slot 1 and 3.

- nothing changed

2. Disconnecting external hardware (usb, firewire, sd-cards etc.), with the exception of a keyboard, mouse and monitor.

- the computer works normally in this state. I tryed only with monitor and the problem occurs again when power on.

3. Resetting the c-mos by pressing the button on the mobo for at least 30 seconds, or removing (and preferrably replacing) the bios battery.

- The bios asked to setup the clock, then press F1, reboots, then press F1 again, error again when POST starts

4. Updating the bios to the latest version. HP released a 1.60 version for these 8 year old HP dc5800 PC's only 2 months ago! That is what I call proper support 🙂

- Updated from 1.01 to 1.14. Nothing changed, same error when reboot.

Any Idea?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.