Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
MS 7613
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have MS 7613 (Iona-GL8E). Today ı want to update my bios. My bios version 5.15. I downloaded 6.18 version. But ı have error not corret bios. I cant update my bios. Also today upgrade my CPU. ı have 8 Gb RAM before 1x4 Gb and 2x2 Gb. New CPU dont boot up first. I change the RAM's but only 6 Gb or 4 Gb RAM seen. I cant get 8 GB.

I used DIMM4 and 3 slots. Doesnt start when ı use other slots. When only ı used DIMM4-3 and 2 doesnt boot. I use DIMM1-3 and 4 slots booted but not seen slot 1 RAM. How to fix these two problem?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@nailtlgl wrote:

I have MS 7613 (Iona-GL8E). Today ı want to update my bios. My bios version 5.15. I downloaded 6.18 version.

But ı have error not corret bios. I cant update my bios.

Also today upgrade my CPU. ı have 8 Gb RAM before 1x4 Gb and 2x2 Gb. New CPU dont boot up first.

I change the RAM's but only 6 Gb or 4 Gb RAM seen. I cant get 8 GB.

I used DIMM4 and 3 slots. Doesnt start when ı use other slots.

When only ı used DIMM4-3 and 2 doesnt boot.

I use DIMM1-3 and 4 slots booted but not seen slot 1 RAM.

How to fix these two problem?

The image of your motherboard: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E)

shows 4 slots for RAM: Black / Blue / Black / Blue.

Memory upgrade information:
  • Supports DDR3 DIMMs only
  • Dual channel memory architecture
  • Four DDR3 DIMM (240-pin) sockets
  • DIMM types:
    • PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
    • PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)
  • Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
  • Supports up to 16 GB on 64-bit PCs
  • Maximum memory only if using 4GB DDR3 DIMM modules.

To me, the colour of the sockets, with the "dual-channel" architecture, implies that the two 2GB sticks should go into the "black" slots, and that you need to add another 4GB stick, to fill both of the "blue" slots.

If you have one 2GB and one 4GB in the "black" slots, only 4GB (2 GB on each stick) will be used, not the desired 6GB.

About your BIOS ...

See: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/MS-7613-Iona-GL8E-v1-0-bios-upd...

where an expert states that the BIOS that you found is for a different model --- hence, "incompatible".

What is the "upgrade" CPU?

HP Recommended

I have 8g memory (2x4g). mainboard can't boot when i intall all (8g), but install 1 (4g) it's ok!

so, how to install 8g or 16g.

HP Recommended

@manh12a3 wrote:

I have 8g memory (2x4g). mainboard can't boot when i intall all (8g), but install 1 (4g) it's ok!

so, how to install 8g or 16g.

This thread was opened by another member: nailtlgl

So, let's start with a few questions for your:

* motherboard ID or HP model-number?

* do your two sticks of RAM have identical specifications, especially "speed"?

* same manufacturer for the two sticks?

*  do you have 2 or 4 slots for RAM?

* are the slots colour-coded, e.g., "black-blue-black-blue" ?

* are the slots labelled & numbered, with #1 closest to the processor?

* are you putting one stick into slot #1 AND one into slot #3 ?

* does your computer boot when stick #1 is in slot #1, and stick #2 is not installed?

* does your computer boot when stick #2 is in slot #1, and stick #1 is not installed?

HP Recommended

* motherboard ID or HP model-number?

HP 3130MT model and mainboard ID MS-7613 VER:1.1

* do your two sticks of RAM have identical specifications, especially "speed"?

Model RAM: SamSung 4G Bus 1066 (4GB 1Rx8 PC3-12800U-11-11A1)

* same manufacturer for the two sticks?

Yes

*  do you have 2 or 4 slots for RAM?

I have 4 slots

* are the slots colour-coded, e.g., "black-blue-black-blue" ?

Yes

* are the slots labelled & numbered, with #1 closest to the processor?

Yes

* are you putting one stick into slot #1 AND one into slot #3 ?

Yes,

i tried put 2 sticks into slot 1 and 3, 1 and 2, 1 and 4, 3 and 2, 3 and 4. But doesn't work.

* does your computer boot when stick #1 is in slot #1, and stick #2 is not installed?

yes. my computer boot when i put one stick in slot #1 or #2,3,4

* does your computer boot when stick #2 is in slot #1, and stick #1 is not installed?

Yes, it boot ok!

Please help me check!

HP Recommended

From: http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/hp-pro-3130-minitower/CT7338042#

Comments about Crucial 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR3L-1600 UDIMM:

A lot of people have a hard time upgrading the memory on older computers. This is mainly because though older systems can support 8GB (2x4GB) - they can only support lower density chips. Most newer memory sticks you get from the big name suppliers don't use these chips anymore - but Crucial does.

You have an older computer (shipped with Windows XP or Vista or 7)

So, is your RAM from SAMSUNG "high-density" (how many chips per side? how many chips on the "back"?).

The RAM from CRUCIAL supposedly is "low density" (8 chips per side, double-sided).

Does this help?

HP Recommended

There are 8 chips on the back.

My computer boot ok when I input one pick SamSung 4G vs 2x Kingmax 1G (6GB)

Now, i don't have any Ram from CRUCIAL. Are you sure mainboard support?

Thank for your support!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.