Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Memory Quick Check: Failed

Failure ID: 9CU5UH0-8MVB10-9XPGQJ-400L03

Product ID: Z5M38AA#ABA

Memory Module

PC takes longer time to boot and if booted freezes in few seconds. 

How do I fix this problem?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

You have too many characters in the first string of the code you posted.

The failure codes are 4 groups of 6 characters.

You probably have a bad memory chip that needs to be replaced.

Providing the right failure code may identify which one is giving your PC trouble.

HP Recommended

With correct code

Memory Quick Check: Failed

Failure ID: 9C5UH0-8MVB10-9XPGQJ-400L03

Product ID: Z5M38AA#ABA

Memory Module

PC takes longer time to boot and if booted freezes in few seconds. 

How do I fix this problem?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the failure report generated by the code you posted, minus your PC's serial number.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
9C5UH0-8MVB10-9XPGQJ-400L03OK00000000002/1/22200MemoryCache Module, Memory, Memory BoardMemory Module Failure (no DIMM id)

Since no DIMM ID was provided, you will need to remove each memory chip installed and test them one at a time.

The specs indicate that your PC came with 1 x 8 GB of memory and 1 x 4 GB of memory.

Remove one memory chip at a time and see if the code goes away with one of the chips removed.

If not, remove that chip and install the first one you took out.

After you identify the memory chip that is bad, replace it.

If it is the 4 GB chip that is bad, I recommend you replace it with an 8 GB chip so you have 16 GB of memory running in dual channel mode.

See the service guide at the link below for how to remove and replace the memory.

Upgrading and Servicing Guide (EMEA with shipping label) (hp.com)

This would be a compatible 8 GB memory chip for your PC:

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 UDIMM | CT8G4DFS824A | Crucial.com

HP Recommended

How do I know, where the memory card located in CPU?

HP Recommended

Here is the link to the motherboard info for your PC.

HP Desktop PCs - motherboard specifications, Odense2-K | HP® Customer Support

The memory chips are located in the two long vertical black slots shown on the right side of the illustration.

They are also labeled in the illustration...2 DDR4 DIMM Sockets.

One of the memory chips is no good.

HP Recommended

Or if you're so unlucky as to have an out-of-warranty HP laptop with "integrated" (read: soldered)  non-customer-replaceable memory like me, ditch Windows and install Manjaro Linux or your preferred distro. 9 times out of 10, Linux will install and perform very well even when Windows will fall all over itself and/or BSOD because of less-than-perfect memory. 🤦🏼‍♂️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.