Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6-2301sx Desktop PC

Hello, After I bought my pc for 3 years it began do weird things like becoming slower, sometimes shutting itself down after pressing the button until eventually it died.

But when I repaired it, worked for 3 days and I put it away for a while when I tried turning it on again it worked but the only difference is I connected it to the internet the pc worked, the day after that I tried turning it on I discovered that it died again.

Now it works but with a different motherboard (which is the GA-H61M-S2PT) but I plan to repair it but fully working not dying again and put the Gigabyte in a different machine for someone who doesn't play demanding games or do heavy work on it

Please help me if possible, in case if it's not possible tell me what broke exactly

Note: the motherboard is H-JOSHUA-H61-uATX

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

Tough to try to diagnose the motherboard problem using the information you have provided. Sounds like an intermittent problem with the motherboard.

Did you install a different motherboard in the PC? Now this PC using a different motherboard works okay. That suggests you have a factory motherboard problem if changing this part fixed the issue.

Now you want to install the original, problematic, motherboard in a different case. I would think the problem will appear in a new case based on your problem description.

Please provide more info if I am not understanding what is happening.

HP Recommended

first of all yes it works with a different motherboard

second i would like to repair the old one and put it in a new case

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.