Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended

I am having multiple errors. Currently showing and diagnosing a motherboard code of 3 Long beeps then 2 short beeps.

Read on another forum that it is a memory issue. Never had the issue in the past. I took all 4 out placed each one in had 1 test fine for one boot then shutdown and same stick tested with same beeps again. Pulled original stick OEM stick and does the same

Story how I have ended up here. If anyone cares. I had a temperature problem and ended up being the Asteck Omen Liquid cooler and lack of air flow in the case for the 2080ti card.

Everything from the Omen Desktop was moved into a Thermaltake V21 case. Upgraded CLC to EVGA CLC280. Added a WD Blue 1TB m2 drive and had to buy 2 180 degree adapters for my GPU to have my cables reach just enough to connect. This is really everything you need know about the hardware changes.

Errors - First one was system fan not functioning - Reason, no fan was connected due to future purchase of a 140mm fan - Solved, removed 200mm front fan from y connector and added extension to sys_fan port.

Running Omen intelligent OC program. Successful OC then system crash. Was able launch had Windows launch error was able to launch past it. I had a old OC from same program that was less than last test. System restarted had on and off system power issue. On for few seconds and shut off then few seconds did it again on loop. Another Error showed, HP detect CMOS reset. Had the cord unplugged and pulled battery for over 5 mins. Beeping error is now persisting. Appreciate any 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Okay, so I went back to the ram issue. I had everything unplugged except for the power cord. Took my oem stick. Started in Dimm1 - fail, Dimm2 - Fail, Dimm3 - No sounds and stayed running. Plugged in display was just black and screen timed out. Pressed power button until shutdown. Plugged display in different port. Booted and had the display plugged in keyboard to fix windows disc error with Win 10 USB drive. Login screen, then shutdown PC. Replaced OEM stick with upgraded stick, successful boot, then Shutdown. Placed 2nd stick in Dimm4, successful boot. Attempted to placed the 3rd ram stick in Dimm1, then same stick in Dimm2, error came back with both, and when none were in Dimm1 & Dimm2. Went back to the beginning. Dimm1, Dimm2, Dimm3. Dimm3 stopped error with OEM stick. Replaced OEM with upgraded stick added 2nd stick, So Dimm3 & Dimm4 are used and running. Determined Dimm1 and Dimm2 have a fault causing the code. Motherboard.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Okay, so I went back to the ram issue. I had everything unplugged except for the power cord. Took my oem stick. Started in Dimm1 - fail, Dimm2 - Fail, Dimm3 - No sounds and stayed running. Plugged in display was just black and screen timed out. Pressed power button until shutdown. Plugged display in different port. Booted and had the display plugged in keyboard to fix windows disc error with Win 10 USB drive. Login screen, then shutdown PC. Replaced OEM stick with upgraded stick, successful boot, then Shutdown. Placed 2nd stick in Dimm4, successful boot. Attempted to placed the 3rd ram stick in Dimm1, then same stick in Dimm2, error came back with both, and when none were in Dimm1 & Dimm2. Went back to the beginning. Dimm1, Dimm2, Dimm3. Dimm3 stopped error with OEM stick. Replaced OEM with upgraded stick added 2nd stick, So Dimm3 & Dimm4 are used and running. Determined Dimm1 and Dimm2 have a fault causing the code. Motherboard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.