Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HEY!

I Just got my new hp pavilion x 360 from usa.

It freezes when I am using it and the keyboard does not works nor does the screen and the power off button also does not work. I can not turn off or restart the laptop and i have to leave it stuck until the battery ends only then i charge the laptop again and turn it on. 

PLEASE HELP ME AND LET ME KNOW WHY IS THIS HAPPEINING SPECIALLY WHEN ITS BRAND NEW AND ITS BEEN 4 DAYS SINCE I STARTED USING IT !!! 

THIS IS URGENT PLEASE REPLY BACK WITH A SOLUTION!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @minahil13

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer where the keyboard is not working and your computer is not shutting down, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Have you run a diagnostics on your computer?

Have you tried to update all the drivers using HP Support Assistant?

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated, especially BIOS and chipset. Click here to know more about HPSA.

Once all the drivers are updated, check if the computer is shutting down. 

If the issue persists, open control panel by doing a right-click on the Windows button. 

Select troubleshooter and then select power troubleshooter and follow the on screen instructions. 

Also, check if the computer shuts down by holding down the power button for 30 seconds. 

If your computer still does not shut down when you press the power button for 30 seconds, then it is a hardware issue and recommend you contact our phone support for any service options available. 

Does your keyboard not work in desktop mode or tablet mode. 

In the notifications area on the bottom right side of your screen, check if tablet mode is On. If it on turn it off and check if the keyboard starts to work. 

Keep me posted. Good Luck. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @minahil13

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer where the keyboard is not working and your computer is not shutting down, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Have you run a diagnostics on your computer?

Have you tried to update all the drivers using HP Support Assistant?

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated, especially BIOS and chipset. Click here to know more about HPSA.

Once all the drivers are updated, check if the computer is shutting down. 

If the issue persists, open control panel by doing a right-click on the Windows button. 

Select troubleshooter and then select power troubleshooter and follow the on screen instructions. 

Also, check if the computer shuts down by holding down the power button for 30 seconds. 

If your computer still does not shut down when you press the power button for 30 seconds, then it is a hardware issue and recommend you contact our phone support for any service options available. 

Does your keyboard not work in desktop mode or tablet mode. 

In the notifications area on the bottom right side of your screen, check if tablet mode is On. If it on turn it off and check if the keyboard starts to work. 

Keep me posted. Good Luck. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HEY @chimney_83

It was freezing when my brother played roblox (game) that we download from the store it also got freezed when I was downloading a game. I thought its because of the game they played while it was in tablet mode.

So I uninstalled the apps and since then it hasnt freezed. I can only try using the button and keeping it held for 30secs only if it happens again.

About the drivers I couldnt find the chipset and the other thing you mentioned. so for now please let me know how can I check whether thses drivers are updated or not. By using some tutorials i checked the updated drives from the device manager. 

Now please let me know should I download the games again and try what you said or should I leave it like this. 

Anyways thank you so much for the response I wasnt expecting that HP has such good customer service. I really appreciate your response. 

Thank you so much and keep it up!!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad to hear that your computer is no longer freezing after you uninstalled the game. 

To make sure all the drivers are updated, run HP Support Assistant on your computer, click here to know more about HPSA. 

When you run HP Support Assistant on your computer, it would detect your computer and check for any updates available for your computer. 

In the article shared with you, refer to "My Devices - Specifications, troubleshooting, and device specific information" section. 

Under this section you have a subsection "Checking for HP updates", it has the screenshots with the procedure to check for any driver updates for your computer. 

Once all the drivers are updated, make sure all the Windows updates are installed. 

Once all the Windows updates are installed, check the compatibility of the game with your computer's specifications, if it is compatible with your computer, go ahead and install it and check it works fine. 

If the issue is isolated to the game, recommend you contact the game developer and check if you need to make any specific changes to your computer to make the game work fine on your computer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.