Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 21-h014 all in one touch
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hi, please don't mind i am not speak English very well, but try to ask my problem.

i have HP Pavilion 21-h014 all in one touch. there have error showing like this.
1. Error: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed.
so some time i just switch Power off/on its working normal or some time give this screen errors. 
still i change hard disk for 4 time but facing same problem.

there fore i attached some screen shots to trace solution...
1: Error on boot1: Error on boot2: no hdd detected2: no hdd detected3: change IDE to AHCI3: change IDE to AHCI4: some times clear boot keys4: some times clear boot keys5: clear boot keys5: clear boot keys6: error on boot26: error on boot2

after 6th attache i press F2 it going diagnostics mode then its detect hdd after it i change again AHCI to IDE screen shot#3 then its working, or some time not solved. after all its issue not solved properly even i change windows 8.1/10.......

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Fitech,

Try reseating the hard drive on the PC.

Try restoring the BIOS to default and check if it helps.

1.    Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2.    Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3.    On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
4.    Press F10 to Save and Exit.
5.    Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
6.    Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

The BIOS can be configured to specify the order in which the computer will access available bootable hardware devices.

The most common bootable devices are the internal hard drive, external USB drive, optical CD/DVD ROM drive, and network adapter.

If a device fails during the process of checking each device for the required bootable files, the computer verifies that another device is available.
If the computer BIOS checks all the listed devices but does not find the bootable files, an error message like one of the following is displayed: 3F0 error or Boot Device Not Found.

Refer this article to know more information about Boot Device Not Found Errors. Click Here

Lastly, try running a hard drive test from F2 (system diagnostics page) and check if the hard drive is functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics test on the PC. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.