Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp compaq 8200 elite cmt pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there,

i've recently bought another 8 gb ram and my pc starts restarting after 1-5 minutes of launching it but with only 1 ram it works fine weather it's the new one or the old one

I've tried:

installing both rams in different slots and it didn't work

using the new ram only and it worked fine in all the slots

adding the rams both in white banks and it work for 1 or 2 days then it restarts

I've inserted a screenshot of my system req's

i wish I could find some help here

Thanks in advance

Screenshot 2021-02-06 000616.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello
Often nothing to do, incompatibility between two different modules
You can try updating the bios, but risky!
Otherwise, you will probably have to buy the exact same memory module

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.