Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Well, I finally cloned the hard drive and installed it. The machine boted up OK, but there is some constant activity goping on in the new drive, and it hasn't stopped since I plugged it in and re-booted.  Even after just leaving it on for the last two days, it is STILL being accessed or writing to itself or something.  That alone concerns me, but my FixMe stick isn't warning me about anything!

Also, my Chrome has fared no better. It's still loading then quickly disappearing. Have there been any problems with the upgrades to Chrome?  I plan to delete that whole directory and try another clean install. 

I'm just not going to put up with this thing much longer... I do have at least 3 more computers that have Wondows 10 on them, so I'm almopst ready to pull the plug on this one amd move on. Granted,  I have nothing more to do with my time, but I tire of beating my head blooy on a deskl, plus myideas have al;l but completely been exhausted!

Sorry your solution didn't work!  I sure thought it would!

Could the hard drive be defragging itself without me telling it to??? Maybe that's why it's showing activity...

I'm using Microsoft 'Edge' in the meantime, but I sure don't like it because I have used Chrome after Eudora  from the beginning. And like I said, my learning curve is FLAT any more!

But thanks for your help. At least there were TWO people who cared enough to help, even if it hasn't taken care of the problem yet!!

Mike W

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.