Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Elite
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’ve been running Windows 10 for a while now. All of a sudden during boot up my screen is stuck on choose a keyboard layout but my mouse and keyboard are unresponsive. They work on other computers so they aren’t the issue. I tried getting to the recovery screen and the command prompt but when I press F11 it starts the recover manager and my choices are system restore, repair tool or system recovery. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ez053974

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the boot issue. 

Please try these steps -

1. Shut down the computer, then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the computer.
2. Press and hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds, then release it. The power light indicator might turn on briefly then go out.
3. Reconnect the power cord, then turn on the computer to confirm if the issue is resolved.

If the issue still persists, please try a system restore - 

1. Shutdown the computer. 
2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3. Press F11 once for System Recovery. 
4. Choose the Keyboard Layout. 
5. Click on Troubleshoot. 
6. Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Restore. 
7. Choose a Restore point or a Restore date when the computer was working fine. 
8. Click on OK to initialize the System Restore.

You may also try these steps - HP PCs - Computer Does Not Start 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.