Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Installed mint and it was working fine but tried to change to kali and now keep getting error msgs not able to mount cdrom and did storage test and says no eMMc or flash storage installed

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Can You Tell me the exact error messages so that I try to help you if I can?

HP Recommended

It says boot device not found hard disk - (3F0)

HP Recommended

I Will tell you a method to try Enter the BIOS and see if the eMMc you want to use is visible

Then if this method didn't work then you must give your laptop and drive to professional into hardware repair

HP Recommended

In bios it only says total memory 8gb

bios vendor AMI

bios revision F.35

Also shows in device firmware revision

embedded controller: 53.21

GOP: 2.8.0

Video BIOS:  ATI 113-RAVEN2-117

I dont see anything about storage

HP Recommended

it is in a area about sata controllers

HP Recommended

I didnt see anything about sata controllers

I guess I will try to unhook it and hook it back up

HP Recommended

And if you're kind tell me the pc model usually on the bottom

HP Recommended

Model is 24-dd0010

HP Recommended

OK If you GAURRANTEE you can open up the machine then try to unhook the drive then hook it again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.