Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need original BIOS firmware

HP Envy All-in-One - 27-b245se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i updated BIOS firmware to the latest version on my HP Envy All-in-One - 27-b245se. Upon restart, I received a blue BIOS recovery screen stuck at at 77%. I tried windows + V and B and also tried the USB flash drive BIOS utility from HP with the updated BIOS. That turned the screen black. Power light is on and it acts like it tries to read the USB but still a black screen. 

HP will not provide me a link to download the original/old BIOS. Can anyone  help? I'm not sure what the version is I need but it's not the version on the HP site which is the updated in January 2020 version.  I feel like that would fix the problem.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,272 107,453 17,022 26,066
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need original BIOS firmware

Hi:

Go to your PC's W10 driver page at the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-27-b200-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/193905...

Click on the BIOS link.

Click to expand the BIOS update file listed there.

When you expand that line, you will see a Previous Version line to click on and expand.

There you will find a listing of the previous BIOS update files you can download.

F.06 would be the oldest one you can roll back to.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation