TopCat68
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Need to correct my screen

HP Recommended
1WP52UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

First of all, I am not to smart when it comes to computers.  My problem is my screen - my screen is in 2 halves - the bottom half should be my taskbar on the very bottom - it is taking up half of the screen - the top half is the HP Support screen.  What I need is to view my screen with a computer-generated screenshot in the background with icons of my applications and my taskbar on the very bottom.  Can someone please help me.  I know it must be something very simple.  I really don't know how this happened to begin with.  Thanks for all your help.

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,399 2,355
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TopCat68,

Welcome to HP Support Forums!

I see from your post you need information and assistance related to display on your HP Notebook. No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you tried to adjust the screen resolution. 

Did you try to update the drivers either using Windows update or using HP Support Assistant.

Have you tried to update the Bios on your PC.

Could you please share the screenshot of the issue as this will help me in providing you accurate steps which should help you resolve this issue. 

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the notebook

Before power resetting your computer, do the following:

1. Disconnect or remove all peripheral devices. Start up the laptop and test the computer by itself, and then reconnect one peripheral device at a time.

2. Turn over the computer and look for a battery compartment door.

I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook.

Once done, restart the computer and check.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall the display drivers on your PC from device manager.

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.

Check the box that states delete the software for this device.

Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC either from our HP support website, using this link or download it using HP Support Assistant

Download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation