Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp rp5800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i am wondering if my bios can run secure boot this computer was made in 2011 and has uefi here are specs

System Information report written at: 06/28/21 17:55:03
System Name: HOYA
[System Summary]

Item Value
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.21390 Build 21390
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name I-CANT-RUN-WIN-
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP rp5800
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU BZ776AV
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3101 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard J20 v02.29, 29/05/2018
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
BaseBoard Product 1632
BaseBoard Version Not Available

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Only PC's that came with Windows 8 and newer from the factory have a secure boot option.

I have an HP 8200 Elite CMT with a UEFI BIOS, i7-2600 processor and it does not have a secure boot option.

That model came with Windows 7 from the factory.

HP Recommended

@NotGalaxy 

I see you're running an Insider build on your desktop.  You do know that these are Alpha versions and subject to crashes and failures, right?

Also, MS came out with an announcement recently that folks running Win10 Insider Dev builds (like you and me) will be able to run Win11 Previews on their PC, just not the released version.

This was a LIE -- I know because it will not install on my PC, and that is running the same Insider build.

So, if you were looking to upgrade this PC to Windows 11, you are out of luck (like me!)

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.