Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-bp165nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have not found a drawing pen that is compatible with my PC and I need to be able to draw on it for school. I do have a huion tablet that will sufice but I would much rather perfer to draw directly on the screen.

I saw the surface pen and then the HP tilt pen but I'm not 100% sure if either of those would work and I need to make sure before I buy one.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Stormborn 

Active Stylus - Compatibility Document

Search the document for a compatible stylus:

HP PCs - Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus

• If there is an HP Active Stylus available for your model, it should be included in the document.
  • Pen(s) compatible with your computer are marked with an “X” to the right of your computer model, in the column(s) under the Pen name / description(s).
  • Additional information can sometimes be found in Advisory Documents for your computer.
  • The document is updated as new information becomes available.

Two pens found for your model:

1MR94AA

2MY21AA

The Tilt pen is marked with the asterisk that indicates the device has not been tested with older models in this category.  The pen should work - the "tilt" functions usually associated with this pen may -- or may not -- work as expected.

Partial Excerpt

Model name
HP Pen (Microsoft)

1MR94AA

SPS: 920241-001 (Dark Ash Silver) / 910942-001 (Natural Silver)
HP x360 11 EMR Pen with Eraser (Wacom)

2EB40AA

SPS: 928519-001
HP Tilt Pen (Microsoft)

2MY21AA

HP SPS: 929863-001 (Dark Ash Silver) / 929863-002 (Natural Silver)

ENVY x360 15-bp0xx
x

x*
ENVY x360 15-bp1xx
x

x*

x* - Computers that support the HP Pen can also support the HP Tilt Pen, but the tilt performance might not work on older computers.

Reference and Resources – Places to find help and learn about your Device

Device Homepage

Drivers / Software and BIOS, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more

HP ENVY x360 - 15-bp165nr

Pen Driver for 1MR94AA, Y0C43AV, and 1CP24AV
HP Pen Control

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi, some news in this topic?

Klaus

HP Recommended

@Klaus6 

Not sure what type of news you are seeking.

Resource Document - HP Stylus Support:  HP PCs - Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus

As of this writing in May 2019:

The document was recently updated with new information, including the list of devices (computers) that support one or more of the available HP Stylus options.

Several new sections have been added to the document content.  These are intended to address various issues and / or questions in an organized format without the need for us to repeat some answers.

In general, we use this same document to find / verify information for a particular system.    

Opinion

The document is updated as new information is available, likely as a scheduled release with the intent to add any newer hardware (computers) to the support list for active stylus options.

If you have an older machine (six months or more since purchase), and if your computer is not listed in the document, it is unlikely that it will be added later.

Understand these are personal opinions based on observation; I do not have "inside" information regarding HP activities or policy.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.