Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitedesk G1 800 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i hope you can hep me.

I tried to update the Bios of my desktop but it doesent work.

On BIOS i select Bios network update->Download all update-> Force next reboot-> it download some files-> reboot on windows-> i restart to check the Bios version but its not up to date...

It asked also about bitlocker but it all desactivate on my SSD and HDD

Sorry for my broken english im from Switzerland 😉

See you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

why do it at all, name one reason to do it.

do you want to risk bricking the PC? if not , then don't  (see 10 reasons BIOS update failed, google it)

if you have some strong compelling reasons.?

then make 100% sure your get the correct update image for you exact PC not told.

that means telling HP support page your full PRODUCT ID, #

not just the model. G1 800 SFF, use above.

then get the file on to USB thumb drive. per ways told in HP link below.

????????? 2020 version is one way trip, ! no regressions:"

Version: 02.77 Rev.A

all the steps are here,

in english sorry

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c00007682

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

@Savvy2

Hi and thanks to spend time with my question.

I have the v02.65 Bios actually and i encounter some trouble with USB Bluetooth adapter.

I check with the HP website and he find directly my model with serial number and model number, this is where i find the new BIOS update and the latest is 02.78 rev.A

Ive see from the v02.68 to v02.77 that's clear some trouble with PCI devices and a lot of bug and other things...

EDIT: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-elitedesk-800-g1-small-form-factor-pc/...

On Revision History

I put a new graphic card (EVGA 1030SC) work great but i would like to be sure everything is clear about security and other things.

Maybe the update clear my bluetooth troubles...

I also have and SSD + and HDD, 8BG ram, Windows10 Pro 64.

See you

HP Recommended

Thanks for help.

To update the BOS i use a USB Key but i cant do this with the description on the link, I need to go directly on the BIOS ans select flash rom (something like this) select the usb key, select the New BIOS version and wait.

Its done and work perfectly.

Thanks again for your Help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.