Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion pc24

Hi

I have a new Pavilion pc24.  When I first started it I got an error message boot device not found. I rebooted which seemed to fix the problem as I went through the set up. The PC then crashed and now only gives me that error message. I ran the system diagnostics which told me everything was OK.

Anyone know what's going on? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

That message usually means the boot manager has been corrupted.  On a brand new PC, that is not good. 

If the fault is repeating, try starting more than three times in a row and Windows should ask to do a repair.  If that does not work, then try F11 at startup.

You can try a repair with the Recovery Manager, F11

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Disconnect all peripheral devices, except for the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power cord. ...
  3. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until Recovery Manager opens.

Once that opens, tell it to do a Recovery.  If that fails, then return the PC for repair through warranty, or return to the place of purchase.

As a last resort, you can make a Windows 10 install and try to reinstall Windows 10.  See here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

With a working PC, scroll down to "Using the tool to create installation media" and follow the directions.  Then use this new media on the problem PC to reinstall Windows 10.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.