Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion P7-1414
I bought a new harddrive and am having issues with the start up. I get the Start pxe over ipv4 and 6 when the ethernet cord is pluged in. When i remove the ethernet cord i just get no boot disk has been detected. I tried clicking f10 for the menu and changed the order so the hard drive is first. I also saved the changes and still would have the same issue i also did the basic diagnostics test for the hard disk SMART check : passed Long DST : failed. The failure id : U0EE60-00095S-WPTX0K-61B303 . Product ID :H3Y99AA#ABA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Brandon

You're very welcome.

I did not know the system was subjected to possible collateral damage.

You could be having problems with other system components. The HDD may be okay.

I suggest you contact HP Support if you have an extended warranty or see a local PC tech to diagnose the cause of your problem.

Regards

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
If it helps the harddrive is a 1tb WD Black.
HP Recommended

Greetings Brandon2468,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Check/reseat SATA and power connections to the new HDD. Try a different SATA cable.

The error code you see for a brand new HDD indicates a full HDD failure. 

Is the HDD detected in the BIOS?

Is the HDD on the boot menu list?

It sounds like you have a bad HDD.

Take it back to the retailer and get a replacement HDD.

Regards

HP Recommended
Ok thank you will take it back and i dont know how much could have gotten messed up my younger brother fell and knocked over my cpu and it began slowing down and then got so slow it wouldnt start and there solition was a new harddrive is that it or somthing else that could also cause this because i did buy it off amazon
HP Recommended

Hi Brandon

You're very welcome.

I did not know the system was subjected to possible collateral damage.

You could be having problems with other system components. The HDD may be okay.

I suggest you contact HP Support if you have an extended warranty or see a local PC tech to diagnose the cause of your problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

> I suggest you contact HP Support if you have an extended warranty or see a local PC tech to diagnose the cause of your problem.

A brand-new disk-drive comes with two warranties:

* a "short-term" one from the store that sold it to you,

* a one-year (or two-year) warranty directly from the manufacturer of the disk-drive.

Neither of these warranties depend on the status of your HP Warranty.

Since the D(rive) S(elf) T(est) is reporting "fail", there is no need to hire a local PC technician to confirm its status.

Don't waste your time (and money) trying additional diagnostics -- return/exchange the disk-drive with the retailer, or open a warranty claim with the manufacturer, to get it replaced.

It's just "bad luck" that an (allegedly) brand-new disk-drive is "bad-out-of-the-box".  It rarely happens, but it does happen.

HP Recommended
Thank you both
HP Recommended

Hi Brandon,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.