Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to boot up a HP Envy 750-114 desktop for the first time that was given to me.  I have changed HDMI cables tried both ports without suucess.  I have tested it on two different monitors that are working fine with my other Macs or Pcs.I don"t want to install a video card if I need to.  This unit is only a year old.

Any ideas would be helpful...

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The 750-114 was released for sale in Sept-2015. This system shipped with integrated Intel graphics.

Both HDMI ports don't work.

There is not much one can do when you have no video.

You will have to install a discrete graphics card or have the PC checked by a local PC Tech.

You could try pulling the MB CR2032 battery, let the PC sit for about 10 minutes, then reinstall the MB battery. The MB battery is located near the SATA ports.

This will reset CMOS.

Regards

HP Recommended

Grzwacz,  

Thanks for taking the time to reply.    A little background...This PC belonged to a family member who died in his sleep at a very young age.  I am trying to retrieve anything that our family would like to see.  He was very active in writing and taking pictures.

I reset the CMOS but that did not help.  I installed a PCI-E 1GB card that had two DVI ports on it.  The card was old from my bone pile so it may be a card issue.  I was  wondering if I had to change a jumper on the mother board before I purchase a new video card.

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Hi Lifelong70,

You're very welcome.

Thanks for the additional information. Very sorry to hear you lost a family member.

The video is integrated on the processor. So it sounds like a CPU, motherboard or rear HDMI port hardware problem.

You could remove the HDD and connect internally to a different PC as a data drive. Or you could get SATA/USB HDD caddy.

Connect the HDD to the caddy. then plug the caddy into a USB port on a different PC. You could then examine the HDD contents for data.

The PC is slightly over three years old. It has a UEFI BIOS. You have to disable Secure boot and enable Legacy boot in the BIOS to install a different video card. But you can't do this because the PC has a hardware problem with onboard video.

I would not buy a new video card because it will not work until you can get video using the onboard graphics.

Regards

HP Recommended

I have contacted HP and to my surprise this unit is still under warranty.  They had me run many diagnostics and it was determined that it has to be repaired in house.   It will ship back to them this week.  I should get it back within two weeks.

I want to thank you again for helping me through trhis problem!

HP Recommended

Hi,

You better get the data you need off of the HDD before you ship the PC to HP.

HP factory warranty service will overwrite the HDD with a new factory operating system image. 

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.