Jhv012
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

No boot blank screen

HP Recommended
Hp touch Smart 310-1020
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My hp touchsmart 310-1020 does not boot. The green power light in the back area is on. When I press the power button, it blinks 3short blinks. No beeps, no fan sound. Nothing. Could you help me diagnose the issue or at least the error for the 3blinks of the power button?

Thank you, Joe

1 REPLY 1
itsmyname
Level 8
2,002 1,989 75 210
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jhv012 -- Is this your computer: HP TouchSmart 310-1020 Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

The symptoms imply a failed external power-supply, even though the green lamp indicates that it is getting electrical power into the power-supply. 

You could replace it:

• by trying:  http://PartSurfer.HP.com to see if the HP warehouse has one for sale;
  • eBay or Amazon for a matching replacement
  • any local "big-box" consumer electronics store, for a "universal" replacement (multi-voltage, multi-connector).

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation