Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Name: HP Pavilion 23 AiO PC (H3Z55AA#ABA)

Hello,

My nephew called and asked if I could help with his HP Pavilion 23 AiO PC ( Product No: H3Z55AA#ABA and Model No:23-b012).

He is receiving this error:

No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed.

Is there a place I can send him to order a boot disc or download from somewhere?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It's possible, but the odds are highly against the data being recovered.

With a desktop hard drive, you would either need to install it as secondary drive in another desktop PC, or purchase an external 3.5" desktop hard drive enclosure.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced, and the operating system reinstalled.

Here is the link to the service manual for the directions to remove and replace the hard drive.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03397833

HP Recommended

Oh my...okay, so next question...is there any chance of getting his pictures off of that failed harddrive?

I had this error on a laptop and was able to use an external bootdisk the helpdesk sent me in order to get it to startup long enough for me to get data off of the harddrive. Do you think this is possible with the Pavilion all in one?

HP Recommended

It's possible, but the odds are highly against the data being recovered.

With a desktop hard drive, you would either need to install it as secondary drive in another desktop PC, or purchase an external 3.5" desktop hard drive enclosure.

HP Recommended

Thank you 🙂 So in the hands of computer fixing guru, there is a possiblity.  Appreciate your help!! 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended
I actually tried that after that happened to our Pavilion 23 and the HDD was dead when I hooked it up externally to my laptop. It sucks man I know I've been dealing with this for over a year now and there really aren't any solutions except buying a new hdd every six months. After we installed the new hdd it did the same thing less than a week later. It's a bad model, I've done extensive research on it and what I found was this particular model they used cheap metal in the Sata connector that runs between the HDD and motherboard,which oxidizes really easily. Now for some reason the Win10 updates are really hammering it. All I do to get them running again is: unplug everything except the keyboard and mouse, unplug the power cord from the back and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds, then leave it unplugged walk away for like 20 minutes. Then come back and plug the power cord back in, hit the button and it should start up; if it doesn't that means the hard drive has been murdered again.

Good luck.
-buk10m-
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.