10-17-2019 10:06 AM
I bought a new laptop...for setup purpose I'm getting no response from the screen though I have presses power button for any number of times...i even checked it by pressing power button long time though no response...
Wt can I do...is it better to replace it...?
10-20-2019 07:26 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that you are not getting any display on the computer screen when you press the power button.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
- Do you see any lights on the computer when you press the power button?
- Is the charger connected to the computer?
Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- Turn off the computer.
- Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
- Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
- Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
- Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
- Press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
- Put the battery back into its compartment and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
- Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
- On the Options screen, select Continue to open Windows 10.
- If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter.
- Reconnect each of the peripheral devices.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee