Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My computer turned off and won't come back on, just an amber LED stating on

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @VI_Fallen_VI,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing a No boot issue with your HP Pavilion Desktop 580-023W. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

Check if the monitor is blank though the computer is turned on, or is the computer not powering on either?

Meanwhile, if the computer is turned on but the monitor doesn't have a display, follow the below steps:

(If the computer is not powering on either, Try with an alternate power cord/adapter and ensure you disconnect all the below cables and check)

Do the following things to prepare for troubleshooting:

• Turn off the computer.
  • Disconnect all connected devices from the computer except the mouse, and keyboard. This includes removing web cameras, USB devices, thumb drives, camera-type memory cards, and other displays.
  • If the display has a detachable cable, obtain a second display cable for testing purposes.
  • Disconnect the display power cable, wait about 30 seconds, reconnect the cable and then turn on the display. This resets the electronics on the display. Make sure the display has power and the power light comes on when the power button is pressed. If the light on the display remains off, the display is not receiving power from either the wall outlet or the power adapter.

Check the power

• Disconnect the video cable from the display and make sure the display power cable is plugged into a power outlet.
  • With the display plugged in, press the power button on the display. There is a power indicator light located on the display case. What happens to the light?
  • If the power light comes on, the display has power, skip to Listen to the computer and look at the lights.
  • If power light remains off when you press the power button, either the display is not receiving power or the display is defective. Check all of the following items before attempting to service or replace the display:
  • Make sure the power outlet has power and the power outlet matches the power rating for the display.
  • Connect the display to a different power outlet.
  • Try a different power cord.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.