Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I'm still awaiting further contact from them about the return. So that is 1 week since they called. I'm not going to post anyone's name on a support forum but if you Google for HP execs there is a good chance of finding names. I sent email to the name of the exec, one with and one without a dot between names. And it could be coincidence I was called the next day. 

Good luck

HP Recommended

Update. HP have now collected the PC and is being looked at by Flextronics. Not sure who they are but I have a resolution date of early April. 

Hopefully others in a similar position can point HP reps to this thread. 

HP Recommended

Update. Received an email today that the issue was BSOD issue and the repair is "RESEAT/ADJUSTMENT COMPONENT FIXING ISSUE". 

I'm not 100% what that fix is but hopefully I'll get machine back tomorrow all ship shape and ready to go. 

I can state for the record that there was no BSOD as the video out was not working. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Alipail53 

Suggested a local PC Tech because I didn't think HP would fix this free of charge.

Right, no BSOD. The BIOS was corrupted.

I would bet HP replaces the MB. I don't think, but can't say for sure, HP reprograms the BIOS in this scenario.

Too bad you did not document the MB serial number to determine what was replaced. Maybe HP replaced the BIOS chip?

The BIOS chip is soldered to the MB on 25L PCs.

HP Recommended

@Bill_To

It was turned around in a day by Flextronics. I had a look on the forums and Reddit and found someone with exactly same fix. Message from HP tech was the CPU was reseated to clear the TPM as it was this stopping the POST. But also another user on same thread tried that fix to no avail. Maybe that is HP process, try reset board by removing the CPU. Then board replacement. 

I did read somewhere else that HP had replaced the CPU to fix the issue on another system so also wonder if it's that. 

Anyway I'll get it up and running tonight and see how it all goes (hopefully see month(

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.