Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 40L Gaming Desktop PC GT21-0000i IDS Base Model

Started after the computer went to sleep and didn't wake up.  I shut it down with the power switch and then tried to restart it.  3 long beeps followed by three short beeps.  It repeats this 5 times then it turns off.  Fan lights and logo come on white, light bar does not.  Trouble shooting so far;

Disconnected keyboard, mouse, LAN cable, external drives, and displays and tried to restart, nothing.

Remove and reseat memory cards (4 -16GB ea) - no change

Remove and reseat graphics card (RTX 3070) - no change

Replace graphics card w/ RTX 4070s - no change.

Anyone have any other ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The HP desktop beep code chart indicates it is a graphics chip failure.

HP Desktop PCs - Computer beeps or a light blinks during startup | HP® Support

The only other suggestion I can offer would be that if your PC's processor and motherboard support onboard graphics, try the onboard video output.

If that doesn't work or your PC does not have that option, since you replaced the graphics card, the motherboard has probably failed.

HP Recommended

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of.  There's no onboard graphics. It's a year out of warranty so I'll have to see what can be recovered or try to find another motherboard and swap them out.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry the motherboard has failed on such a new PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.