Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 880-026na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Has anyone else come across a faulty ssd after 11 months with less than average usage. I can no longer boot windows as bios cannot find ssd. I’ve tried everything but now have to wait 2 weeks for a repair 😩

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Premature component failure can happen.

HP Support sites are currently down. I don't know if you have a SATA SSD or a M.2 NVME SSD. Try reseating the M.2 SSD if you have this type.

Have you checked/reseated the data and power connections to the SATA SDD? You could also try a different SATA data cable if you have one. Or try a different SATA power connector if you have a spare, unused, power connector on the currently used daisy chained PSU SATA power cable. You may have an additional, unused, PSU SATA power cable having multiple SATA power connectors that can be tried.

Try resetting the BIOS to defaults to see if this helps.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.